HomeForumBlogProduct ReviewsAbout UsStoreGear
Sly Bald Guys Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 11:32:37 PM
Home Help Search Links Login Register
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys! Please take a look around and pay special attention to our community. You won't find a more supportive group of men on the internet.

News: Hey everyone, help spread the word about Sly Bald Guys.  It's easy, all you need to do is click on this link.  It will only take a second.  Thanks for your support!

http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=http://www.slybaldguys.com/index.php&title=Sly+Bald+Guys

+  Sly Bald Guys Forum
|-+  Grooming/Care
| |-+  Head Shaving
| | |-+  Barbershop Headshave?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Digg This!StumbleUpon This site
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Barbershop Headshave?  (Read 4623 times)
Lynchy
Sly Bureau
Australia Australia

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 11:20:00 PM »

@Lynchy-Mate I can help you out with that local info!! Moe's Barbershop in Woden and Ziggy's in Civic do the straight razor headshave. Haven't tried out Moe's, but did try Ziggy's a few years back and it was great

Thanks mate.

Might have to give it a go! Cheers

Lynchy
Sly Bald Guys Forum
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 11:20:00 PM »

fcb2001
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
Ultimate Sly Guy
United States United States

Bald for Life

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:19 AM »

I'm getting one the day after Christmas I do a barbershop head shave as a treat about twice a month I heard about a barbershop in Denver called rumors

F77Scot
Sly
Scotland Scotland

Bald and Bearded...and loving it!

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 08:12:10 PM »

I still have not got round to it, but hoping I will have time over the holiday period....I think it is one of those things that has to be done.....?
Deputy Dawg
Sly Guy in Training

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 07:33:21 AM »

I stopped in a local shop and the gentleman told me he is no longer able to shave heads, per (Indiana)state law. Said lobbying by hair stylists and salon owners are responsible. Haven't been able to confirm his story yet, but I see no reason for him to not want to do the job.
Anybody else heard about this.

--
The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing -
Marcus Aurelius
Switchy
Nice old man ;) Yepper
Ultimate Sly Guy

No Worries, Be Happy !

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »

I would believe that I have heard that also .  Also with blood borne pathogens , they would have to wear cloves like people in medicine and also tatoo artists.   If I was going to go to a barber that was going to chop me up would I go ?  Idiot

"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL
F77Scot
Sly
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »

Well, I finally got round to the barbershop headshave, amazing feeling! Although not as close as I get myself I have to say it was another great confidence boost and a very relaxing experience...I was sitting right at the front of the shop and saw plenty of folks looking in as my head was being lathered up.....
Sly Bald Guys Forum
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »

Sir Harry
Sly Moderator
Sly Bureau

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »

Thursday, I went to town and got a beard trim and headshave. The guy used a shavette, and because business was slow, he cut over my head twice. When he was done, my beard was shaped the best that it had been in a while, and my head was super smooth! He did such a good job, I didn't feel any stubble till Saturday. Will have to pay this guy a visit on my next barbershop headshave.

smoothsailing
Sly

hairfree = carefree

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »

Sounds like a high quality shave!
F77Scot
Sly
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 12:40:08 AM »

Sounds like a great shave slysirharry, mine was not that close but will try it again. Might try and find some other barbers who do headshaves though to see how they compare.
SimplyRed
GSG Southerner in Exile
Team Sly
Sly Bureau
Netherlands Antilles Netherlands Antilles

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 07:03:49 AM »

I was in California last week on vacation.  Had my fourth barbershop headshave at http://www.joesbarbershop.com/ on Market Street near Church Street from Jonathan.

This was one of my best headshaves ever.  Very close.  Jonathan uses a straight razor.

Red

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:38:02 AM by SimplyRed » Logged

Panasonic Linear Guru
Baldchav
Sly Bureau

Chav dressed up

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 10:29:20 AM »

Good fellas turkish barbers , london Road Brighton also Bodrum, western Road , very nice and professional
slybeard
Super Sly

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »

Had to be good from a sly barber

SlyBeard
Sly Bald Guys Forum
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »

slymyke
Ultimate Sly Guy

shaved head w/ full beard

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »

Had to be good from a sly barber

I do think it would be a great deal easier to trust his with a straight razor than just about anybody else.  haha
Sir Harry
Sly Moderator
Sly Bureau

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »

Wow, Red it looks good...You seem real happy with the result!

Thai boy
Sly Guy in Training
Thailand Thailand

I am a 52 year old English teacher from the UK who

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 07:41:36 AM »

Hi Guys

I am only two weeks into being sly but my first head shave was at a salon in Thailand by a women who used a single blade razor.  She gave me lots of advice in regards to head care pre and post shave.  Where I live there are many barbers who shave your head with a single blade.  The cost is between 60 to 100 baht (100 baht equates to 2.00).  The barbers are very professional and all work in reputable gents/women's barbers/salons.

I have purchased a Head Blade ATX and really enjoy shaving my own head and will continue to do so.  However, once a month I am going to have my head shaved at the barbers followed by a full body massage at the massage parlour next door.  Total cost will be 300 baht (6).

Will share my experience once I return at the end of this month guys.

Kindest regards

Andy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Send this topic Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Enter your email address: